IRU opens course registration is opened for students over a 4-week period every semester listed in the Academic Calendar. Course Registration takes place on IRU’s website. Students in Consult with their adviser choose and determine how many courses to take each semester, considering the fact that each course requires a minimum of 25 hours of study per week.
After the semester has begun, students may adjust their academic workload by dropping or withdrawing from a course as the following procedures:
- If student drops a course during the first week of the semester, there is no academic penalty and the course does not appear on the student’s transcript and does not affect his grade point average (GPA).
- Students may also formally withdraw from the course list post passing the course drop period, but must do so within the first four weeks of the semester.
- A course withdrawal differs from a course drop as the following consequences :
- The student receives a grade of “W” for the course and it appears on the his transcript
- The grade of “W” does not affect the student’s semester or cumulative GPA
- Students who do not participate in a course by the end of the 4th week of the semester, or who may have participated minimally but earned no credit for any graded assessments, may be subject to an Administrative Withdrawal from the course and receive a grade of “W” for the course;
- Students earning F, but not a passing grade in a given course are permitted to retake the course in order to complete their program. All grades for repeated courses appear on the transcript, but only the highest grade earned is counted in the CGPA.
- Students who receive a grade of C-, D+, D, D- or F in a course are allowed with the approval of their advisors to retake the course a second time.
IRU allows students to be inactive for up to two (2) consecutive semesters
students are allowed to request through the program advisor a leave of absence (LOA. until one (1) week before the semester begins.
Students will be administratively withdrawn from IRU if they fail to comply with University policies and procedures.
Students who in good academic standing and wish to withdraw from the University with limitation and with no limitation must send an online form via the Student Portal and their request will be reviewed by the Office of Student Services.
Students who have interrupted their continuous enrollment at the University with a minimum 2.00 or higher cumulative GPA and were in good disciplinary standing have the right to request re-enrollment.
Students who had been suspended from IRU for academic or disciplinary reasons or formally or administratively withdrawn from the University for Two or fewer semesters must apply for reinstatement and return to their studies in the semester immediately following the end of the suspension period. However, students with a cumulative GPA below a 2.00 will be accepted for reinstatement under the supervision of the Vice Dean of Student Affairs. These students will be permitted to register for two courses per semester until returning to good academic standing.
Former students who have been out of the University or who had formally withdrawn, or dismissed from the University or may been academically dismissed, may apply for Academic Renewal by contacting the Office of Student Affairs & Services at student.services@IRU.university.
The Office of Student Services will inform students about whether their request has been approved or denied, and students may only begin registering for courses during the open registration period after their re-reinstatement has been approved