IRU opens course registration is opened for students over a 4-week period every semester listed in the Academic Calendar. Course Registration takes place on IRU’s website. Students in Consult with their adviser choose and determine how many courses to take each semester, considering the fact that each course requires a minimum of 25 hours of study per week.
After the semester has begun, students may adjust their academic workload by dropping or withdrawing from a course as the following procedures:
- If student drops a course during the first week of the semester, there is no academic penalty and the course does not appear on the student’s transcript and does not affect his grade point average (GPA).
- Students may also formally withdraw from the course list post passing the course drop period, but must do so within the first four weeks of the semester.
- A course withdrawal differs from a course drop as the following consequences :
- The student receives a grade of “W” for the course and it appears on the his transcript
- The grade of “W” does not affect the student’s semester or cumulative GPA
- Students who do not participate in a course by the end of the 4th week of the semester, or who may have participated minimally but earned no credit for any graded assessments, may be subject to an Administrative Withdrawal from the course and receive a grade of “W” for the course;
- Students earning F, but not a passing grade in a given course are permitted to retake the course in order to complete their program. All grades for repeated courses appear on the transcript, but only the highest grade earned is counted in the CGPA.
- Students who receive a grade of C-, D+, D, D- or F in a course are allowed with the approval of their advisors to retake the course a second time.