Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
IRU observes and evaluates the progress of the students’ academic performance to ensure satisfactory progress at the end of every semester and the University reserves the right to place students on:
- Good Standing if he/she maintains a minimum CGPA of 2.00
- Academic Warning: if he/she drops his/her CGPA to below 2.00 at the end of the current semester
- Academic Probation: if he /she had been on Academic Warning in the previous semester and whose minimum cumulative GPA continues to be below 2.00 at the end of the current semester are encouraged to be in contact with their personal Program Advisor.
- Probation Continued: if he/she is still with a CGPA just below a 2.00 and would be subject to Academic Dismissal, at the sole discretion of the Dean of Student Affairs and the Student Affairs Committee. In highly specialized cases, Probation Continued may be extended for more than one semester.
- Academic Suspension: for students who are on Academic Probation or Probation Continued whose semester achievements show substantial improvement but whose CGPA is close but not yet a 2.00 and would be subject to Academic Dismissal. This suspension might be up to three semesters at the sole discretion of the Dean of Student Affairs and the Student Affairs Committee.
- Academic Dismissal: Students who had been on Academic Probation or Probation Continued in the previous semester and whose minimum CGPA continues to be below 2.00 at the end of the current semester
- Academic Dismissal is a permanent separation from the University, and means a student may not enroll in any succeeding semester unless given permission by the Student Affairs Committee pursuant to the appeals process.
Academic Dismissal and Suspension Appeals’ students are eligible to request reconsideration of the decision by submitting a written appeal to the Student Affairs Committee no later than thirty days from the suspension or dismissal notice. Students who do not request an appeal within the 30-day deadline forfeit their right to appeal.
All appeals should be sent to the Student. services@IRU.University and will be directed to the Student Affairs Committee. Once the appeal is submitted, students will receive a confirmation email within one week from the Office of Student Services and a final decision about the appeal within one month of their submission of the appeal. Decisions rendered by the Committee are final and binding.
Reinstated students will be placed on Probation Continued and permitted to enroll in two courses per semester with the expectation to achieve good standing within one semester.