IRU believes that access to higher education is a key component in the promotion of world peace and global economic development. It views higher education as a basic right that it can transform lives and serves society by discovering, preserving, and disseminating knowledge. IRU also believes that education plays a fundamental role in fortifying respect for human rights, primary freedoms, enhancing livelihoods of its students and building a strong global leadership and knowledgeable society.
IRU offers affordable, distinctive, online, degree-granting educational programs to any interested student; to provide specialized education and production of innovative research that serve the community and contribute to building a knowledge economy; and to create conducive environment for learning and intellectual creativity, and optimum use of the technique of local and international actors and partnerships.
- Respect for the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Freedom of thought and expression
- Personal, professional, and academic integrity
- Intellectual development
- Creative and innovative thinking and learning
- Conscientious pursuit of personal and academic excellence
- Cross-cultural dialogue and economic development
- Pride in self, community and the university
- Lifelong learning